Monday, December 7, 2009

ARTIST: GOICOLEA, ANTHONY


Anthony Goicolea is one of the few artists that, when I look at their work, it inspires me to want to make more of my own. Not only are his pieces engaging to look at, they evoke feelings and inspire narratives to begin in my head. His figures seem so real to me, as if they actually exist and have a whole story that I really want to know.








I particularly love his drawings, but his photo work is amazing as well. He uses himself in his photographs to play the role of multiple figures, creating unspoken dialogue and ambiguous, and at times slightly awkward, situations.
Check out his website. Look at ALL of his work and be sure to read the accompanying statements in the info section. Do it! http://www.anthonygoicolea.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment